Rustic Smashed Potatoes with Sea Salt
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 9 minutes
- 2 pounds small red or Yukon gold new potatoes (1 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Coarse-ground sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook potatoes in gently boiling heavily salted water for 12 to 15 minutes or just until tender. Drain well and cool slightly.
- Transfer potatoes to a large baking sheet lined with foil. Gently press each potato with the bottom of a cup until slightly crushed and flattened, but not falling apart.*
- Preheat oven broiler. Combine butter, oil and garlic powder. Brush half of the butter mixture on potatoes. Broil 3 inches from heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and slightly crisp. Carefully turn potatoes over using a wide spatula. Brush with butter mixture; lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to platter. Serve with Swift Premium® Dry Rubbed Petite Shoulder Roast with Whiskey Black Pepper Seasoning.
- *If potatoes stick to bottom of cup, lightly brush the cup bottom with the melted butter mixture.