Asian Pulled Pork In Lettuce Cups
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 3 1/2 to 4 hours
Serves: 6-8 (appitizer servings)
- One Swift Premium® Petite Pork Roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 or 2 heads Bibb lettuce, separated into cuplike leaves
- Sriracha (hot) or sweet Asian chili sauce
- Finely chopped fresh pineapple (optional)
- Trim and discard outer white and sliver skin membrane from pork. Cut pork into 1 1/2-inch cubes; pat dry with paper towels.
- Brown pork in 2 batches in hot oil in large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer pork to a 4- to 6-quart electric slow cooker.
- Scrape any loose brown bits from skillet. Wipe inside of skillet with paper towels. Add sugar to skillet; stir in vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat about 3 minutes or until mixture melts and turns an amber color. Remove from heat; slowly stir in pineapple juice, fish sauce, ginger, and garlic salt.
- Pour juice mixture over pork in slow cooker. Cover; slow-cook on LOW for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until very tender.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer pork to cutting board. Using two forks, coarsely shred pork. Transfer pork to a bowl. Add 4 to 5 tablespoons of cooking juices to moisten; toss to combine.
- Serve pork in lettuce cups with chili sauce. If desired, top with pineapple.