Baby Backribs with Apple-Butter Barbecue Sauce
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 to 2 1/4 hours
- Two racks Swift Premium® Pork Loin Backribs (5 to 5 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons apple pie spice blend
- Apple-Butter Barbecue Sauce:
- 2 cups apple butter
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
- For ribs, combine brown sugar, salt, and apple pie spice; rub on both sides of ribs. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
- For sauce, combine apple butter, tomato paste, water, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Pour 2 cups water in the bottom of a 13 x 10 1/2 inch broiler pan. Unwrap ribs; place, bone sides down, on broiler rack over the water. Tightly cover with heavy foil. Bake for 2 to 2 1/4 hours or until tender.
- Transfer ribs to cutting board and carefully discard water in broiler pan. Line broiling pan rack with the foil. Return ribs to foil-lined rack in broiler pan; generously brush with sauce.
- Preheat oven broiler. Broil ribs 4 inches from heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until heated through, turning over and brushing with sauce halfway through broiling. Heat remaining sauce in microwave until warm. Transfer ribs to cutting board. Cut into 6 to 8 portions; brush with heated sauce and serve with any remaining sauce.